What does LUAS mean?
LUAS is an abbreviation for the Selangor Water Management Authority, an agency under the Selangor State government responsible for preserving and conserving water resources, river basins, coastal waters and the environment.
What is the function of LUAS?
LUAS is empowered with legislation and enforcement powers based on the Selangor Water Management Board Enactment 1999 with 17 main functions. Based on the LUAS Enactment 1999, it can be formulated into :-
• Coordinate the relationship and cooperation of various agencies in the country;
• Adopt and implement government policies, plans and projects;
• Caring for state interests in water resources affairs;
• Regulation through licensing of any activities and activities related to water resources; and
• Regulation through enforcement.
What is the difference between LUAS and Pengurusan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd?
LUAS is a statutory body of the State Government that manages water resources such as rivers, lakes and coastal waters in the State of Selangor while Pengurusan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd is a private company granted a concession by the government to manage the supply of clean water to consumers around Selangor, Putrajaya and Kuala Mud.
What are the main activities of LUAS?
The main activities that LUAS carries out are:-
• Licensing and water source abstraction charges.
• Written permission for resource alteration activities
• Licensing of the release or entry of pollutants.
• Inland waterway navigation licensing.
• Water diversion licensing for electric power plants.
What is an Integrated Water Resources Management Plan?
The Integrated Water Resource Management Plan or known as Integrated Water Resource Management (IWRM) is a process that promotes coordination in the development and management of water, land and related resources towards maximizing the economy and social welfare in the same way without compromising on economic sustainability. the main one.
What is meant by the River Basin Integrated Management Plan?
The Integrated River Basin Management Plan is an approach in water resources management that takes into account all aspects related to resources, including social and economic activities. It is a wide scope that covers not only water, but also aspects of environmental management such as land use issues, pollution control, development pressures and conservation of biodiversity.
What is an Integrated Coastal Management Plan?
The Integrated Coastal Management Plan can be briefly defined as a natural resource and environmental management system that adopts an integrated, holistic approach and interactive planning process in addressing complex management issues in coastal areas.